Here are the current top mattresses of 2021. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
Entering 2021, the amount of mattress brands available can be overwhelming.
Listed below is a list of the top 9 mattresses of 2021.
Keep in mind, they are listed in no specific order.
So, if you’re searching for the best mattress available, you can’t go wrong with any of the following brands. If you’re wanting to purchase a mattress online, any of the brands listed below would be a great choice.
- Most people would agree that Puffy has earned its spot as one of the most comfortable mattress brands available. They say it’s the equivalent of sleeping on a cloud.
- Many with back pain claim to have relief, due to Puffy’s Adaptive Flexible Cloud Technology.
- With Puffy, you receive both a 101 night sleep trial, alongside a lifetime warranty.
- One of the highest quality mattresses for your money. Puffy is made to order, and ships in 2 days.
- Puffy’s top layer is CertiPUR-US Certified, and is made of Cooling Cloud Relief Foam. The Cooling Cloud Relief foam layer is what gives you the “sleeping on a cloud” feeling. The bottom layer is comprised of a Firm Core Support Foam, which is similarly CertiPUR-US Certified. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
- Dreamcloud mattress is another highly favored mattress brand.
- Dreamcloud has a premium natural latex coat, which allows it to provide extra contour, with a good bounce.
- Some of Dreamclouds highlights include: stitched handles across the sides, cashmere blends and flax yarns.
- DreamCloud is a luxury hybrid mattress, offering an whole year sleep trial; compared to the normal 100 night trial.
- New pocket coil technology permits the manufacturing price to be cheaper, and the savings are passed directly to the client. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
- Purple Mattress is one of the most well known mattress companies worldwide.
- Purple uses hyper-elastic polymer in the construction of their mattresses, as opposed to memory foam.
- Purple mattress feels different compared to any other brand on the market.
- Sleeps cool through the night and has a really responsive motion transfer.
- Purples’ first layer is made of a hyper-elastic polymer gel grid, and its’ bottom layer is constructed of polyurethane foam. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
- The Signature is Nolah’s flagship product. It is soft and supportive at the same time, thanks to the brands proprietary AirFoam” and high density poly foam.
- The Nolah Signature 12 is a luxury flippable all-foam mattress that’s medium-firm on one side and medium-soft on the other.
- Fantastic mattress for couples due to its great motion transfer.
- Every Nolah mattress comes with a 120 night sleep trial, and free shipping. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
- Sweetnight has a full line of mattresses and pillows, mostly using gel memory foam for their products.
- Featured on Amazon, however all of Sweetnights products and sizes are only available directly through their official website.
- 5 mattress models available, and voted Best Budget Mattress, Sweetnight has something for everyone.
- Includes a 100 night sleep trial and free shipping.
- Available in both memory foam and hybrid.Sweetnight carries both memory foam and hybrid mattress models. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
- Voted Best Memory Foam Mattress, Nectar Sleep is one of the world’s fastest-growing sleep companies.
- Having optimal levels of firmness, coolness, breathability, and comfort with their mattresses, Nectar Sleep guarantees ideal sleep.
- The Nectar mattress is an all-foam bed in a box mattress that contains multiple layers of high-quality memory foam.
- If you are a light or average weight individual looking pressure relief, comfort and support, Nectar is a great choice; especially for back sleepers.
- Nectar offers a Lifetime warranty and 365 night sleep trial for their mattresses. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
- Awara offers both innerspring support, along with a comfort system in their luxury hybrid mattress.
- A latex hybrid, Awara Mattress pairs a 4-inch layer of natural, Rainforest Alliance-certified Dunlop latex with a 9-inch support core of pocketed coils.
- The latex of the Awara is certified by the Rainforest Alliance. This means it meets the criteria on environmental sustainability, social and economic impact.
- With the top cover being made of New Zealand wool and organic cotton, the latex of the Awara is also GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard) certified. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
- The If you are a side sleeper, not wanting to sacrifice the decadence of a luxury brand, then the Saatva Classic is for you.Saatva Classic mattress offers all the features side sleepers need without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand.
- The Saatva Classic is made with high-quality, eco-friendly materials, and is completely customizable. There are 3 firmness level, sizes and heights available.
- You can also have Saatva remove your old mattress, and setup your new one for no charge.
- Saatva offers free shipping and 180 night sleep trial.
- Idle Hybrid has 2 firmness levels, Medium and Firm. The mattress is flippable, with each side having a different firmness.
- Firmness levels can be changed to Medium and Luxury Firm by request
- Offers just the right amount of bounce, with its blend of pocketed coils and memory foam. The Idle Hybrid is Idle Sleeps best selling mattress model.
- The Idle Hybrid is backed by a lifetime warranty, and the industries longest sleep trial of 18 MONTHS. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
Support and Comfort
If you are looking to buy a new mattress, 2 of the biggest aspects will be comfort and support.
There are a number of things which should take place when you lie down.
For proper spine alignment, you want the sinkage and shape to be just right.
You also need a mattress to properly support your body, as you sleep at night.
Having proper body alignment is critical while you sleep.
This is crucial for healthy sleep, and to also make sure you are reducing neck and back pain.
While being supportive of your own body, a suitable mattress has to provide stress relief.
The stress points in your body are precisely what is in control of you thrashing during the evening.
Memory foam mattresses are a great option for being both supportive and comfortable. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
Should You Choose Firm or Soft?
This is much like when we speak on comfort and support.
A new mattress should never be too firm, nor should it ever be too soft.
A mattress should be as neutral as it can be, to ensure both your body and spine stay in a neutral position.
If your mattress is too firm, you risk pinched nerves and lack of blood flow.
Have you ever woken with your body feeling like pins and needles? If so, there’s a great chance your mattress is too firm.
And if your mattress is too soft, this can create a sagging effect, similar to a hammock.
When this happens, you can find yourself with back pain, due to your spine not being correctly aligned.
This is why it’s imperative to find a mattress that is close to neutral.
You need your mattress soft in the right places, without being too soft.
You likewise want a mattress that has some firmness to it; just not too rigid. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
One feature most don’t think about when shopping for a new mattress, is the fever neutrality, or ‘breathability’ of a mattress.
The best thing that memory foam has going for them, is their ability to conform to your body.
With that being said, once the layers of a memory foam mattress start to diminish, it can create ‘the oven result’.
Which essentially just means your body heat gets caught inside the mattress, causing you to sleep hot.
Good thing is most mattress brands now use advanced technology to create special materials to prevent this.
The goal of every mattress company is to offer breathability, allow you to sleep cool and also provide warmth where it should.
Some companies do a much better job at this, than a number of their competitors. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
It’s not a huge surprise, that if you’re in the market for a high quality mattress, it normally comes with a nice price tag.
It’s a big investment to make, so when you purchase one, it’s vital to find a mattress that will certainly last you for years.
You want to look for mattress brands that use advanced technology, with the aim that the mattress will last you almost a lifetime.
When shopping for a mattress, pay close attention to the warranty. Your goal should be finding a brand with at least a standard 10 year warranty. What Mattress Does Consumer Reports Recommend
Quick Links to Other Top Mattresses: