Here are the current top mattresses of 2021. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
Entering 2021, the amount of mattress brands available can be overwhelming.
Below you’ll find the 9 mattresses that have been the best for 2021.
Remember, these are not listed in any particular order.
So, if you’re searching for the best mattress available, you can’t go wrong with any of the following brands. If you’re wanting to purchase a mattress online, any of the brands listed below would be a great choice.
- Puffy mattress has become the favorite for many people, who claim it to be the most comfortable mattress available. They often compare it to like sleeping on a cloud.
- Many with back pain claim to have relief, due to Puffy’s Adaptive Flexible Cloud Technology.
- Every Puffy mattress comes with a 101 night sleep trial, as well as a lifetime warranty.
- Puffy is made from the highest quality materials, and are made to order. Most mattresses ship out 2 days after your initial order.
- Puffy’s top layer is CertiPUR-US Certified, and is made of Cooling Cloud Relief Foam. The Cooling Cloud Relief foam layer is the layer that gives you the “sleeping on a cloud” sensation. The last layer, made up Firm Core Support Foam, is also CertiPUR-US Certified. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
- Another terrific mattress choice, is the ever popular DreamCloud mattress.
- Dreamcloud has great contour and bounce, thanks to its natural latex coat.
- Some of the best features of the Dreamcloud mattress, is its use of flax yarns and cashmere blends; along with stitched handles across the sides.
- DreamCloud is a luxury hybrid mattress, offering an whole year sleep trial; compared to the normal 100 night trial.
- Pocket Coil Technology allows for cheaper manufacturing costs, and the savings are based to you as the buyer. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
- Purple Mattress is one of the most known and popular mattress brands on the market.
- Purple uses hyper-elastic polymer in the construction of their mattresses, as opposed to memory foam.
- Purple has a very different feel than any other mattress brand.
- Purple mattress sleeps cool, all while responding well to motion transfer.
- Purples’ first layer is made of a hyper-elastic polymer gel grid, and its’ bottom layer is constructed of polyurethane foam. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
- The Signature is Nolah’s flagship product. It is soft and supportive at the same time, thanks to the brands proprietary AirFoam” and high density poly foam.
- The Nolah Signature 12 is a luxury flippable all-foam mattress that’s medium-firm on one side and medium-soft on the other.
- Fantastic mattress for couples due to its great motion transfer.
- Nolah offers free shipping, and a 120 night sleep trial for their mattresses. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
- Sweetnight sells a full range of mattresses and pillows, most of which feature gel memory foam as a main feature.
- Some Sweetnight products can be purchased on Amazon, but not all of their products, or mattress sizes.
- Sweetnight has 5 mattress models to choose from, both memory foam and hybrid.
- Includes a 100 night sleep trial and free shipping.
- Available in both memory foam and hybrid.Available in both memory foam and hybrid. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
- Nectar Sleep is one of the worlds fastest growing sleep companies, and was voted Best Memory Foam mattress.
- Having optimal levels of firmness, coolness, breathability, and comfort with their mattresses, Nectar Sleep guarantees ideal sleep.
- Nectar is made of high quality all foam, and uses multiple layers.
- It is great for light to medium weight side and back sleepers, looking pressure relief and overall comfort and support.
- Every Nectar mattress comes with a full year to try it out, as well as a Forever warranty. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
- Awara is a hybrid mattress model, combining innerspring support with a significant comfort system.
- A latex hybrid, Awara Mattress pairs a 4-inch layer of natural, Rainforest Alliance-certified Dunlop latex with a 9-inch support core of pocketed coils.
- The latex is certified by the Rainforest Alliance, meaning it meets criteria on economic, social, and environmental sustainability and impact.
- It is also certified by GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard), which indicates that the latex is organic. The plush Euro top cover is composed of New Zealand wool and organic cotton. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
- The Saatva offers everything a side sleeper could ask for, without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand, with its Saatva Classic mattress.Saatva Classic mattress offers all the features side sleepers need without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand.
- Fully customizable, the Saatva Classic offers 3 firmness level, sizes and heights. It is also made from only high-quality, eco-friendly materials.
- Saatva also provides at home setup, and removal of your old mattress at no charge.
- Every Saatva comes with a 180 night sleep trial and free shipping.
- The Idle Sleep Hybrid is available in two firmness options: “medium,” which measures six out of 10 on the firmness scale, and “luxury firm,” which measures at an 8 out of 10.
- Firmness levels can be changed to Medium and Luxury Firm by request
- Idle Sleeps most popular model, the Idle Hybrid blends memory foam and pocketed coils, for just the right amount of bounce.
- The Idle Hybrid is backed by a lifetime warranty, and the industries longest sleep trial of 18 MONTHS. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
Support and Comfort
Comfort and support are two of the biggest aspects when looking to buy a new mattress.
You want a few things to take place whenever you lie down.
You want the sinkage and shape to be right, for proper spine alignment.
You also need a mattress to properly support your body, as you sleep at night.
Having proper body alignment is critical while you sleep.
This is necessary to be sure you receive a healthy rest, and to make sure you’re reducing your neck and back pain.
While being supportive of your own body, a suitable mattress has to provide stress relief.
Stress points are a huge factor when it comes to restless sleep.
Memory foam is known for being great at both support, and being comfortable through out the night. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
Should You Choose Firm or Soft?
This is along the same lines, as when we talk about comfort and support.
A new mattress should never be too firm, nor should it ever be too soft.
What you want in a mattress, is one that ensures your spine and body stay in a neutral position.
A mattress that is too firm can not only restrict blood flow, but can also cause pinched nerves.
If you find that a lot of the times you awake, with the sensation of having pins and needles in your body, this is a sign of a mattress that is too rigid.
If your mattress is too soft, you chance having a sagging effect, much like a hammock.
This can trigger back pain, caused by uneven spinal alignment.
Hopefully now you understand why we want a mattress to be as close to neutral as possible.
You need your mattress soft in the right places, without being too soft.
You likewise want a mattress that has some firmness to it; just not too rigid. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
One feature most don’t think about when shopping for a new mattress, is the fever neutrality, or ‘breathability’ of a mattress.
The best thing that memory foam has going for them, is their ability to conform to your body.
With that being said, once the layers of a memory foam mattress start to diminish, it can create ‘the oven result’.
Which essentially just means your body heat gets caught inside the mattress, causing you to sleep hot.
The good news is, with advanced technology, most mattress brands have a way to prevent this.
Almost every mattress brand aims to provide a mattress now that sleeps cool, offers breathability, and at the same time, provides warmth where it should be.
Just like with anything, some brands are better at this than their competition. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
It’s not a huge surprise, that if you’re in the market for a high quality mattress, it normally comes with a nice price tag.
With mattresses being fairly expensive, you want to make sure you buy one that’s going to last you for years.
You want to look for mattress brands that use advanced technology, with the aim that the mattress will last you almost a lifetime.
When shopping for a mattress, pay close attention to the warranty. Your goal should be finding a brand with at least a standard 10 year warranty. Saatva Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
Quick Links to Other Top Mattresses: