Here are the current top mattresses of 2021. Saatva Mattress Blog
As we enter 2021, the industry is strained with mattress brand names.
The below brands have been the top mattresses of 2021 thus far.
The brands are listed in no particular order.
So, if you’re searching for the best mattress available, you can’t go wrong with any of the following brands. If you’re wanting to purchase a mattress online, any of the brands listed below would be a great choice.
- Most people would agree that Puffy has earned its spot as one of the most comfortable mattress brands available. Many suggest that the Puffy is like sleeping on a cloud.
- People suffering from back pain, say that they feel relief with Puffy’s Adaptive Flexible Cloud Technology.
- Puffy includes a lifetime warranty, and a 101 night sleep trial for every one of their mattresses.
- Incredible mattress for your money. Very high quality mattress. It does take 2 days before the Puffy Mattress is sent; since the mattress is made to order.
- Puffys’ first layer is CertiPUR-US Certified, and is made of Cooling Cloud Relief Foam. The Cooling Cloud Relief foam layer is the layer that gives you the “sleeping on a cloud” sensation. The last layer, made up Firm Core Support Foam, is also CertiPUR-US Certified. Saatva Mattress Blog
- Another terrific mattress choice, is the ever popular DreamCloud mattress.
- Dreamcloud has great contour and bounce, thanks to its natural latex coat.
- Some of the best features of the Dreamcloud mattress, is its use of flax yarns and cashmere blends; along with stitched handles across the sides.
- DreamCloud is a luxury hybrid mattress, offering an whole year sleep trial; compared to the normal 100 night trial.
- New pocket coil technology permits the manufacturing price to be cheaper, and the savings are passed directly to the client. Saatva Mattress Blog
- Purple Mattress is one of the most well known mattress companies worldwide.
- Purple uses hyper-elastic polymer in the construction of their mattresses, as opposed to memory foam.
- Purple mattress feels different compared to any other brand on the market.
- Purple mattress sleeps cool, all while responding well to motion transfer.
- The first layer of Purple is made of polyurethane foam, while its last layer is made of polyurethane foam. Saatva Mattress Blog
- The Signature is Nolah’s flagship product, and uses the brand’s proprietary AirFoam” and high density poly foam to achieve a soft yet supportive feel.
- The Nolah Signature 12 is a luxury flippable all-foam mattress that’s medium-firm on one side and medium-soft on the other.
- Excellent motion isolation makes the Nolah Signature a good option for couples who are easily disturbed by mattress motion while they sleep.
- Every Nolah mattress comes with a 120 night sleep trial, and free shipping. Saatva Mattress Blog
- Sweetnight offers a full line of mattresses and pillows, both. Most of their products are made up of gel memory foam.
- Featured on Amazon, however all of Sweetnights products and sizes are only available directly through their official website.
- 5 mattress models available, and voted Best Budget Mattress, Sweetnight has something for everyone.
- Includes a 100 night sleep trial and free shipping.
- Available in both memory foam and hybrid.Sweetnight carries both memory foam and hybrid mattress models. Saatva Mattress Blog
- Nectar Sleep is one of the worlds fastest growing sleep companies, and was voted Best Memory Foam mattress.
- Nectar guarantees ideal sleep with all of their products, through optimal levels of comfort, breathability, breathability and coolness.
- Nectar is made of high quality all foam, and uses multiple layers.
- If you are a light or average weight individual looking pressure relief, comfort and support, Nectar is a great choice; especially for back sleepers.
- Nectar offers a Lifetime warranty and 365 night sleep trial for their mattresses. Saatva Mattress Blog
- Awara offers both innerspring support, along with a comfort system in their luxury hybrid mattress.
- A latex hybrid, Awara Mattress pairs a 4-inch layer of natural, Rainforest Alliance-certified Dunlop latex with a 9-inch support core of pocketed coils.
- The latex is certified by the Rainforest Alliance, meaning it meets criteria on economic, social, and environmental sustainability and impact.
- It is also certified by GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard), which indicates that the latex is organic. The plush Euro top cover is composed of New Zealand wool and organic cotton. Saatva Mattress Blog
- The Saatva offers everything a side sleeper could ask for, without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand, with its Saatva Classic mattress.Saatva Classic mattress offers all the features side sleepers need without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand.
- Fully customizable, the Saatva Classic offers 3 firmness level, sizes and heights. It is also made from only high-quality, eco-friendly materials.
- Saatva also provides at home setup, and removal of your old mattress at no charge.
- Comes with a 180 night sleep trial, and free shipping.
- The Idle Sleep Hybrid is available in two firmness options: “medium,” which measures six out of 10 on the firmness scale, and “luxury firm,” which measures at an 8 out of 10.
- Customers may also opt for a mattress that measures “medium” on one side and “luxury firm” on the other.
- Idle Sleeps most popular model, the Idle Hybrid blends memory foam and pocketed coils, for just the right amount of bounce.
- Idle Sleep has the longest sleep trial in the industry at 18 MONTHS. Every mattress also comes with a lifetime warranty. Saatva Mattress Blog
Support and Comfort
Comfort and support are two of the biggest aspects when looking to buy a new mattress.
When you lie down, there are a few things that should take place.
For one, you want the contour and sinkage to be correct, for proper spine alignment.
You also need a mattress to properly support your body, as you sleep at night.
It is critical to have proper alignment from top to bottom as you sleep.
This is necessary to be sure you receive a healthy rest, and to make sure you’re reducing your neck and back pain.
While not only supporting your body, a mattress needs to be a good source of stress relief.
The stress points in your body are precisely what is in control of you thrashing during the evening.
Memory foam is known for being great at both support, and being comfortable through out the night. Saatva Mattress Blog
Should You Choose Firm or Soft?
This is along the same lines, as when we talk about comfort and support.
A new mattress should never be either too soft, or too firm.
What you’re aiming for is a mattress that is neutral, to ensure both your spine and your body stay in a healthy position.
A mattress that is too firm can not only restrict blood flow, but can also cause pinched nerves.
If you wake up with a sensation of pins and needles in your body, there’s a good chance your mattress is too firm.
If your mattress is too soft, you chance having a sagging effect, much like a hammock.
This can trigger back pain, caused by uneven spinal alignment.
Hopefully now you understand why we want a mattress to be as close to neutral as possible.
You’re looking a mattress that’s soft in the right spots, but not too soft overall.
You likewise want a mattress that has some firmness to it; just not too rigid. Saatva Mattress Blog
One feature most don’t think about when shopping for a new mattress, is the fever neutrality, or ‘breathability’ of a mattress.
The best thing that memory foam has going for them, is their ability to conform to your body.
With that being said, once the layers of a memory foam mattress start to diminish, it can create ‘the oven result’.
Which essentially just means your body heat gets caught inside the mattress, causing you to sleep hot.
Good thing is most mattress brands now use advanced technology to create special materials to prevent this.
Almost every mattress brand aims to provide a mattress now that sleeps cool, offers breathability, and at the same time, provides warmth where it should be.
As with all things, some companies are better than others at doing this. Saatva Mattress Blog
This should come as no surprise, but when looking for a high quality mattress, it’s normal for them to come with a hefty price tag.
With mattresses being fairly expensive, you want to make sure you buy one that’s going to last you for years.
You want to look for mattress brands that use advanced technology, with the aim that the mattress will last you almost a lifetime.
If you will invest the money on a mattress that’s brand new, look for one that uses at least a 10 year warranty. Saatva Mattress Blog
Quick Links to Other Best Mattresses: